CURÓ BidMaker - Create Custom Bid Packages for your vendors.
April 8, 2020 - Hollywood, California
Now that your breakdown & preliminary budget are complete, how do you create and track all your vendor bids? Managing this process is complex, inefficient and time consuming. And, receiving vendor bid submissions in different formats makes it laborious to compare and analyze.
CURÓ BidMaker streamlines and unifies this volatile process across the studios, production entities, and digital facilities from anywhere in the world. With BidMaker, users create Custom Bid Packages with standard templates for each project for one or more vendors, on a shot-by-shot, asset-by-asset, fx-by-fx, and overhead-by-overhead basis. Returned bids are then imported back into BidMaker for easy comparison & analysis.
“BidMaker saves time and increases accuracy in the creation, distribution and analysis of VFX bids with multiple vendors. This new toolset allows VFX producers to create custom bid packages for each of their facilities they work with, and then import the completed bid requests into BidMaker for analysis. A producer can review incoming bids from vendors on all aspects of the VFX budget, as well as look at a vendor-by-vendor comparison of the overarching budget.” – Joyce Cox
With CURÓ BidMaker:
Create Custom Bid Packages for one or more vendors including:
- Shots, Misc. Shots, Assets, FX, Facility Overhead and Stereo 3D.
- Technical specifications including aspect ratio, resolution, framerate, and more.
- Project Schedule Dates and timelines.
- Project Materials with descriptions and external links to assets and materials.
- Bid Specifications with general notes can be created to accompany bid request.
- Generate and publish CURÓ bid request package spreadsheets for each vendor containing cost and informational aspects of the bid package.
Bid Request Package Import
Import Bid Request Spreadsheets completed by each Vendor into your CURÓ budget. Analysis tools include:
- Full Comparisons of all aspects of incoming bids from your vendors.
- Shots, assets, FX, Overhead across all vendors for all frame rate and resolution versions requested
- View & compare various award scenarios to the production’s preliminary budget estimates.
- Review vendor questions and comments.
- Add accepted bids into the budget estimates.
CURÓ was born out of the entertainment industry’s need for a unified system for the financial planning and management of visual effects, the fastest growing segment of the film industry. CURÓ was developed based on product-proven best practices and methodologies applied to some of the top-grossing VFX films of the past two decades including The Jungle Book,” “Men in Black III,” “The Great Gatsby,” “Avatar,” and “Titanic.” VFX Producers have used CURÓ to manage recent shows such as “The Mandalorian”, “American Gods”, “The 100” and the new feature release “Dune”.
Phase one of CURÓ focused on the VFX producers and studio VFX departments, providing tools for initial breakdown and preliminary budgeting of digital and overhead production costs. CURÓ BidMaker is available now. The CURÓ Vendor module with tools for a digital facility's detailed bidding of human and technical resources is slated for release the summer of 2020.